homestead - Re: [Homestead] diseases and gene(s)

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] diseases and gene(s)
  • Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 21:14:39 -0800

Those of us who are adopted have a different outlook since we were
raised outside of those "same environmental conditions and the same
nutrition and exercise habits"

***Same would apply to DH. His father was born and raised in Italy. You can't get a more different life style than how DH was raised in a household ruled by McPhail from Nova Scotia. His dad was sedentary, a real couch potato. Most of his jobs were sedentary (sitting, working in the shoe factories in Brockton). DH is a double Type A and always moving, doing, and if work doesn't take enough energy he is lifting weights. His father's diet consisted of lots of salt, fatty beef and homemade chicken broth with lots of fat and salt. DH never eats beef, uses no salt, and my chicken broth has herbs and the fat skimmed. Yet both got colon cancer.