homestead - Re: [Homestead] Gun storage

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: bartermn AT epix.net, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Gun storage
  • Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 19:46:19 -0500

Thanks Keith, I'll pass this on to Ron. I like the design, especially the drawer part.

Bev

Keith B wrote:
EarthNSky wrote:

Which is better, storing a gun horizontally or vertically?
I am wanting Ron to build a gun rack/cabinet with an ammo drawer, but can't decide on a design.

Hi Bev,

I don't know which is better other than what my Dad used to say, "Standing a rifle up when it's wet will rust the bolt."

I built dad a gun rack once. A quick search on the net brought up a design that looks almost too perfectly like the one I made, down to the recycled hinges and pulls:

http://www.woodcraftplans.com/cw020.htm