homestead - Re: [Homestead] Turkey fryer and glad to be back here!

  • From: tonitime AT juno.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Turkey fryer and glad to be back here!
  • Date: Sat, 9 Dec 2006 20:17:56 -0500

Hi Rob,
A hearty YES! I have not even used it for turkey frying yet. I
process/can most of my family's sauces, pickles, and some produce from
our sizeable gardens. Love to do such out on the porch, rather than heat
up the home. It achieves a boil so much faster than our indoor propane
stove, that i can hardly go back to the old way! Also, great for cooking
huge quantities of soup or beanies for a crowd of fun-loving visitors.
We may someday fry a turkey, but have yet to go there. For 40-60 dollars
for the setup, it is a great tool for anyone putting their own food by.
It has a sturdy and heavy base that i find comfort in using - very
stable.

I've missed this list the last few months - so much to do! I have gotten
my first high tunnel that needs putting up and covering before spring,
and went on a great group trip to study rural entrepreneurship to the
Highlands and Islands of Scotland - a place that went thru similar
tobacco diversion and economic hardships as our remote counties here in
Central Appalachia Kentucky. The University of Kentucky has been
training a group of us in entrepreneurial coaching to aid our home areas
- so needed for these poor farmers and areas of little business
infrastructure. We are volunteers kind of like Master Gardeners.

Nice to be back to reading the list again!
Toni in KY
Does anyone have a turkey fryer? Do you ever use it for anything else?
I'm thinking about one but I really hate to get something that only has
one use.
Rob

  • Re: [Homestead] Turkey fryer and glad to be back here!, tonitime, 12/09/2006