homestead - Re: [Homestead] oil was:Political

  • From: DSanner106 AT aol.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] oil was:Political
  • Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 20:08:45 EST

In a message dated 11/14/2006 5:58:52 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
Clansgian AT wmconnect.com writes:

Your father is being
ripped off big time because Dutch Royal Shell claims to hold rights to the
proces. They inject a very great amount of heat into and hydrogen into the
ground
to crack the kerogen in the oil shale 'in situ'. It is heavily polluting
the
water in several areas and it requires a very tremendous amount of energy to

operate.

Well, it wouldn't be my father being ripped off, he was head of R&D for Dow
Chemical and he developed the process, turned over and Dow sold it. It was
his plan and the patents are still in his name. You may find though, that
this
is not the end all, beat all system for processing, Dow is still testing in
Texas and has made vast improvements on what is being used now.

Americans are utterly brainwashed with the idea of "where there's a will,
there's a way", after all, we put a man on the moon so we can make oil gush
out
of rocks if we put our mind to it.

Plenty of Americans said that very thing about our chances of going to the
moon, and there are still doubters out there that we ever did.

Drew