homestead - Re: [Homestead] Packard Bell, was (no subject)

  • From: DSanner106 AT aol.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Packard Bell, was (no subject)
  • Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 10:32:20 EDT

In a message dated 10/26/2006 1:07:00 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
lurine AT softcom.net writes:

HP was up at my end of the state and was the brainchild of two guys in Palo
Alto, Hewlett and Dave Packard. He of Asst. Secretary of Defence fame or
enfamcy <g> They opened one of their printer plants in Santa Rosa (I think
they closed that plant).

No relation between Dave Packard and Packard-Bell.

Nope,
no relation. I knew Bill Hewlett and was at a conference with he and
Steve Jobs many years ago. They were joking while we ate lunch over their
first
meeting. Jobs, a kid at the time, came to Mr. Hewlett with the plans for a
PC
computer, the original apple. Bill basically told him they had designs of
their own for a PC, patted him on the head and told him he could stop by the
parts room and go through the parts they didn't need.

Drew

  • Re: [Homestead] Packard Bell, was (no subject), DSanner106, 10/26/2006