homestead - Re: [Homestead] Yet another OT post

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Yet another OT post
  • Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 22:53:43 -0700

We had a "Bev" moment on the way home tonight. We went into the big city (population 3,000, one hour away) and on the way home I mentioned your star gazing and about halfway up our private road, DH came to screeching halt. I'm looking around for the deer I know we must have almost hit (we'd already done this 4 times on the highway) and he says, "what's her name?" Big pause and I'm really confused now and then he says "Look, the Big Dipper is sitting on top of Bally." Sure enough, bright and clear as being in a show down in SF's Planetarium was the Big Dipper looking like a pot sitting on top the mountain. I said, "You're right, and that would be Bev and I'll bet she'd have loved this show!" They were SPECTACULAR tonight!

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "SISU!" <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>