homestead - Re: [Homestead] Why? OT Round 1

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Why? OT Round 1
  • Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 09:07:21 EDT

> I am always grateful for NPR.

??

I'm afraid NPR has its own forms of idiotic journalism.

For example, there is what we call around here the "NPR Mumble." There is a
'style' (I suppose) of reading the news in which an insignificant word will
be
emphasized out of proportion and the the most important words will be mumbled
under the announcers breath so that you miss the whole point of the story.

"The quakes in Hawaii left OVER [mumble, mumble] WITHOUT [mumble, mumble]."

"The missing child turned up IN [mumble]. A family spokesperson SAID
[mumble]."