homestead - Re: [Homestead] Inexpensive gasoline today

  • From: WILLIAM <billymegab AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Inexpensive gasoline today
  • Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 08:17:49 -0700 (PDT)

We didn't live on a farm but the Eaton's catalog was a staple in Canadian
life for most of my life! The orther was the Simpson's catalog. Sadly,
both department stores no longer exist.

Lynda <lurine AT softcom.net> wrote: Here's a catelog from 1936 to do some
comparison shopping in.
http://www.collectionscanada.ca/cmc/009002-119.01-e.php?uid=nlc003950&uidc=Page_Image&queryString=&plugin=N

It comes from a site the youngest kidlet found awhile back. She was looking
for clothing from different eras.
http://www.civilization.ca/cpm/catalog/cat5200e.html

So, if you lived on a farm in Canada in 1936, your yearly income would have
been about $500.

Lynda