homestead - Re: [Homestead] Ram pump rules of thumb

  • From: "SISU!" <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Ram pump rules of thumb
  • Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 23:35:58 -0400

Tvo used to have multiple link posts regarding ram pumps. Did anyone archive that?

Bev

Don Bowen wrote:
I know Gene is looking into Ram pumps and I think several others may be interested. Today I looked at some home made ram pumps, made from plumbing parts. These would be good to experiment with. The name is:
Erosion Free Water Rams
Don Price
563-519-0248

He said that a ram needs a minimum of three feet of fall. Lift water is proportional to fall. For 10 feet of fall, if lift is 50 feet, the output will be 1/5 the input water, for 100 feet the output water will be 1/10 the input water. Five feet of fall will be half that and three feet will be one third, 20 feet of fall will be double and so on.

Don Bowen Awl Knotted Up KI6DIU
http://www.braingarage.com
My travel journal