homestead - Re: [Homestead] Reluctant leaving

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Reluctant leaving
  • Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 09:46:26 -0500

Thanks Gene for having me.

You are most welcome.

For those contemplating an invitation to Don, I can tell you that he is the ideal guest. He brings his own home with him, so there never develops the well-known correlation between house guests and garbage; he was here for nearly a month-and-a-half and we never tired of him. He feeds himself but graciously accepts anything you put in front of him. He does not embarrass you with your friends; in fact, he makes you look good, as having substantial social discernment. He is articulate, being well-read in wide-ranging interests. He may in fact disappear for days into books, reappearing with new and interesting information. He has fine skills, especially in restoring aged backhoes and trucks. An all-around good guy. He is welcome here at Heartwood any time.