homestead - Re: [Homestead] Alternative inventory: Wood

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Alternative inventory: Wood
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 09:47:17 -0500

But isn't it so that even when thinking of alternate energy, we are still
somewhat thinking in a box?

Indeed it is so. Even here with informed, open-minded, eco-friendly homesteaders, the focus is on alternative energy sources.

I submit that the biggest source of alternative energy is the energy not required and not used. In the vein of Amory Lovins' negawatts, conservation is often the most reliable, least expensive, most eco-friendly alternative to using any common form of energy.