homestead - Re: [Homestead] Alternative inventory: Wood

  • From: KNat <knat AT sprintmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Alternative inventory: Wood
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 02:51:45 -0500

I heat w wood and have oil backup in part (bath and bedrooms clustered in center w hot water/baseboard that can be oil fired for anti-freeze.)
We cut our own wood and get chops from tree services we just have to split. I have splitter to save my back.
We also bundle deadfall sticks into firebundles.
Wood stove in one fireplace. Old cast iron Glacier Bay w circulatory blower added (also learned stonework to extend chimney to install.)
Other fireplace has glass front and hearth heat exchanger.

Kathyann