homestead - [Homestead] Alternative E inventory: Other

  • From: Viking <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: Homestead List <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] Alternative E inventory: Other
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 17:40:47 -0400

I thought it would be interesting to see how many people on the list
actually use (not plan to use, but actually use) alternative sources of
energy. This category, Other, should include things like biodiesel and
ethanol, as well as rainwater collection. The alternatives could be
single point applications of use or multiple point applications. I hope
everyone lists what they have that is alternative so that will form some
type of inventory of who is doing what-who has firsthand knowledge of
what and for which purpose, etc.
I hope that even the lurkers will participate since we can all learn
from each other. It only has to be a sentence or two. You will notice
that I made thread headings for Solar, Wind, and Wood, in addition to
this "Other" category.

I collect rainwater in large plastic containers for use by the animals,
in the garden, and for emergency fire fighting, but not for drinking water.

Bev

--
erthnsky AT bellsouth.net BevanRon of EarthNSky Farm NW Georgia USDA Zone 7
34.498N 85.076W