homestead - Re: [Homestead] marketing

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] marketing
  • Date: Sun, 09 Jul 2006 08:37:20 -0500

demand for organic food is outstripping supply. Does this mean that there is
a rosy future for small producers such as some of us homesteaders?? Indeed
not ... the trend is to IMPORT organic food from around the world where it can
be grown cheaply."

Eventually, freshness will become a buzz. Only then will local suppliers have the advantage. And even then, price will dominate most consumers' buying decisions.

Another advantage will be the growing presumption that foreign countries have more lax certification laws. We most trust that which we can see. Although an expert is someone who lives far away.