homestead - Re: [Homestead] crazy neighbors

  • From: "J Bailey" <jbmail AT isomedia.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] crazy neighbors
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 13:09:20 -0700

Bad neighbors are universal....

We're in the Pacific NW, and did a bunch of homework to find our place. But the one neighbor we share a fenceline with never came to introduce themselves or be friendly in any way. They also had run of the place since they moved here 8 years ago, since our place had renters for the last 20 years. I guess they figured renters didn't count, so they mowed & dumped trash here, their kids constantly invaded, and they pretty much landscaped about 1/4 acre like they owned it. Did the same thing to then then-vacant lot on the other side of them. A house got built there and gossip says they had a few beefs with that neighbor til they figured something out.

I'm thinking the fact that we're a same sex couple, and don't have any penises to pee higher on the corner posts 8- ) that this guy figures he can ignore us telling him to knock crap off. We finally took some steps to safeguard things better, talked to the local law to make sure we have options to press charges, get an anti-harassment order, and even sue, and we have enough firepower to cope if they guy goes nuts and comes over the fence.

I lived 15 years next to a ghetto in a big city, and stood down armed gangsters. This guy can't hold a candle to that & last we heard they are planning to sell. One good thing is that our other neighbors like us a lot and are keeping an eye on us & the place too. It sucks to deal with it in the first place, but there is too much good here to let some inbred walmartian run us off.

--Joanna of Seven Trees
www.seventrees.blogspot.com