homestead - Re: [Homestead] CFR, was An article cheering the Supremes

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] CFR, was An article cheering the Supremes
  • Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2006 21:26:35 -0700

I lived over 765 miles from the Mexican border. Over 80% of the drug trafficers were illegals from Mexico. In 11 years, we had 5 gang shootings. 3 were gangs out of Mexico. One was gang members from Georgia and the other was an LA gang who was up doing recruiting. Guess where their ties were.

This country exports jobs to Mexico. We send enough foreign aid to own the country. Take in all their residents isn't going to do anything but make it worse here. It seems it is o.k. for employers to hire illegals, NOT because they'll do work folks here won't do but because they will work under the table at far less than minimum wage. We are about at the point of no middle class and the workers get poorer (legals and illegals) and the Waltons and Bushies get richer!

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "abitcrazy" <abitcrazy AT cox.net>

sounds like you agree with what our current folks are doing - which is
the same thing! we got folks running around on our borders with guns,
too! Now why? And Why don't we have to do that at the Canadian
borders? economics.

I disagree with allowing illegal workers to enter indiscriminately.
Fact is, I thought about leaving THIS country, and moving to something a
little more progressive (say, New Zealand, Australia, Netherlands,
Germany, Italy, etc.) but hey, THEY don't allow just anyone to move
there. They protect THEIR workers. We don't because our government is
not looking out for the best interests of American workers, but the
interests of their corporate owners and masters.