homestead - Re: [Homestead] The next ice age is due 2012

  • From: Rob <becida AT comcast.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] The next ice age is due 2012
  • Date: Sun, 01 Jan 2006 16:50:10 -0800

I'm not sure about the bias but I did find this one:
http://www.co2science.org/scripts/CO2ScienceB2C/subject/l/summaries/usalia.jsp

They found a cycle rise & lowering of temps by studying fossilized oyster
beds.
>>These findings are but one more example of the reality of both the Medieval Warm Period and the Little Ice Age, which are the two preeminent climatic anomalies of the past thousand years. Their significance resides in the fact that the earth cycles back and forth between warm and cool periods (of which these named intervals are typical) on a millennial timescale, which suggests there is nothing unusual about the global warming of the past century or so, as it represents the planet's natural recovery from the global chill of the Little Ice Age and the start of its return to Medieval Warm Period-like conditions.<<

Rob

At 1/1/2006 04:25 PM,Tracy wrote:
I have been trying to find info on this myself and keep getting biased
sounding material. I found this graph at several sites. It seems to have
the only seemingly unbiased, long term data on temp and CO2. Sure looks
cyclic to me. Looks like we will be headed for a cool spell in the not to
distant future, give or take 1000 years. I "lost" another site, but it
superimposed a particulate graph onto the temp/CO2 graph and that showed the
temps dropping when the particulates were high. Makes sense.

http://www.grida.no/climate/vital/02.htm

Tracy Julian
in East North-Central Minnesota