homestead - Re: [Homestead] kayak

  • From: clhw AT InfoAve.Net (clhw)
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] kayak
  • Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 10:54:27 -0400

Don -- In case you hadn't realized, NC adds more sales tax to the price of
gasoline per gallon as compared to SC. Once you cross the border going
south, the price drops as much as 10 cents per gallon. When we go to NC, we
always tank up in Greenville going north and coming south. We try to avoid
it in NC.

Friends of ours driving a large diesel Dodge Ram try to arrange their trips
to south Georgia to leave NC on fumes and tank up at the first good place
in SC. It saves them $5 or more per fill.