homestead - [Homestead] kayak

  • From: Don Bowen <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org, Homestead_Friends AT yahoogroups.com, backwoods_epitaph AT smartgroups.com
  • Subject: [Homestead] kayak
  • Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 17:45:58 -0400

I had been trying to figure out how to afford a Kayak this year. As I
wonder around I saw many places where the water looked so inviting and all
I could do was wade. That is now changed. I made a deal for a Wilderness
Systems Pilmaco 120, $100 off the clearance price at Dicks. I then
stumbled on an expensive paddle for $50 cash. Now to find a vest and I am
ready to go play in the water.

I am currently in Asheville, NC and will be for the rest of the month. I
have been a bit under the weather but antibiotics and rest seem to have
mostly cured me. I am now winterizing my RV by thinking of my route from
here to Southern CA, any suggestions? I am thinking of down into SC then
angle south west to around Mobile or Vicksburg. From there toward Austin
and San Antonio, TX, the Big Bend country, Southern NM, AZ, then into
southern California.

Don Bowen Awl Knotted Up

My travel journal

My present location is the star on the map in the link below
http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?latlongtype=decimal&latitude=35.588269&longitude=-82.629132