homestead - Re: [Homestead] Ernest Hemingway on war

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Ernest Hemingway on war
  • Date: Sun, 02 Oct 2005 17:58:31 -0500

Sobering thoughts...compared to yesterday's uplifting and peaceful
birds-and-grasses. Both have their place, I know, but I can't help but have my preferences.

If we do not confront the horrors of war face-on the stupid among us will take us there unnecessarily, as in Iraq. There is no greater crime than unnecessary killing, maiming, wounding. Few wild animals are so stupid as to fight unnecessarily.