homestead - Re: [Homestead] Echinacea

  • From: "Lisa K.V. Perry" <lkvp AT floydva.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Echinacea
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 15:11:49 -0400

Gene GeRue wrote:

Echinacea is popular among the Ozarks immigrants with whom I cavort. Steven
Foster, an herbalist author and friend, has written a book about its efficacy
for a wide range of health issues.

I've read a couple of his books. How great to have a friend who is a known herbalist (and author--like yourself).

The study, being published today in The New England Journal of
Medicine.........

Don't we have to consider the source?
For our home use we choose astragalus over echinacea. I've used both and felt that astragalus works better for us than echinacea but I know countless people, as you probably do as well, who swear by echinacea.

I personally think Big Pharma is trying to give the entire herb and supplement industry a run for the money--literally. Just like they did a hundred years +/- ago when naturopathic schools were shut down. I hope this time around that the natural health movement is too strong to be shut down or stopped.

Lisa
...off my soapbox and back to work....