homestead - Re: [Homestead] The Overstory--Permaculture

  • From: RayZentz AT aol.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] The Overstory--Permaculture
  • Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2005 11:13:22 EDT

In a message dated 7/2/2005 7:35:33 P.M. Central Standard Time,
becida AT comcast.net writes:

I have to wonder where oil did come from? Lot's of dinosaurs & forests
buried? Dinosaurs & forests under that one? Is oil maybe something else?
A good question-

Rob

I caught part of a late night radio broadcast about a week ago, George Nori
is the host (used to be Art Bell). The guest was talking about this very
thing. There are apparently a small number of geologists that are
beginning
to believe that oil is created somehow deep in the earth, and not solely
through the decay of organic materials. I have no idea, myself. Was
taught
that all fossil fuels come from decayed prehistoric life. Now there is
some
evidence to the contrary. Do I believe it? Much of the stuff I was
taught
has turned out to be... hmmm... inaccurate. So, verdict is still out for
me.

Ray