homestead - Re: [Homestead] The Overstory--Permaculture

  • From: Rob <becida AT comcast.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] The Overstory--Permaculture
  • Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2005 18:17:37 -0700

At 6/27/2005 04:56 PM, you wrote:
The Overstory #156 - Permaculture Principles
By David Holmgren

http://www.agroforestry.net/overstory/ovbook.html

Principle 2: CATCH AND STORE ENERGY
We live in a world of unprecedented wealth resulting from the harvesting
of the enormous storages of fossil fuels created by the earth over
billions of years. We have used some of this wealth to increase our
harvest of the Earth's renewable resources to an unsustainable degree.
Most of the adverse impacts of this over-harvesting will show up as
available fossil fuels decline. In financial language, we have been
living by consuming global capital in a reckless manner that would send
any business bankrupt.

I have to wonder where oil did come from? Lot's of dinosaurs & forests buried? Dinosaurs & forests under that one? Is oil maybe something else?
A good question-

Rob

http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig5/crispin8.html