homestead - Re: [Homestead] Eminent Domain

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Eminent Domain
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 16:16:44 -0700

Probably won't get anywhere with this, but an
interesting effort.

http://www.concordmonitor.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050629/REPOSITORY/506290321/1031
Article published Jun 29, 2005
Weare
'Hotel' targets Souter's home Property rights
advocates make protest personal

I read this yesterday at another source. I think it is a superbly appropriate response to the SCOTUS decision on eminent domain. I wish the "developer" great luck. Their decision may be Constitutional--I guess by definition any decision by the Supremes is Constitutional--but I think it is a supreme example of ignorance of what's important about life in our country.