homestead - Re: [Homestead] We wound up growing...

  • From: Keith B <bartermn AT epix.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] We wound up growing...
  • Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2005 21:25:59 -0400

Hi Tammy and all,
I ate a pea today, sugar snap. It wasn't quite ready but sweet. Froze five quarts of spinach last week and planted for fall. Broccoli went to seed before making a decent head; it's been hot, too hot.

Today I started cleaning the hayloft of the 86 year old farmer we get our hay from; talk about hot! He's thinking about retiring. I'm thinking about getting rid of the cows. Anybody else feeling older than usual? :)

VATOCO6 AT aol.com wrote:

pumpkin (HUGE plant, a few blossoms)
acorn squash(smaller plant, no blossoms yet)
zucchini ('nuff said)
onions (Walla Walla and Bermuda)
tomatoes (they're sad, again this year)
and a mint called chocolate mint. (Wonder if it tastes like Girl Scout cookies or what?)

--
For by your words you will be justified Keith Bellinger
And by your words you will be condemned bartermn AT epix.net