homestead - [Homestead] We wound up growing...

  • From: VATOCO6 AT aol.com
  • To: FrugalRuralLiving AT yahoogroups.com
  • Cc: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] We wound up growing...
  • Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2005 13:43:33 EDT

pumpkin (HUGE plant, a few blossoms)
acorn squash(smaller plant, no blossoms yet)
zucchini ('nuff said)
onions (Walla Walla and Bermuda)
tomatoes (they're sad, again this year)
and a mint called chocolate mint. (Wonder if it tastes like Girl Scout
cookies or what?)

My husband also planted coriopolis (they look like golden daisies to me) and
snapdragons (purple) and some tea roses for me.

We've gotten more rain than usual this June...we'll see how the rest of
summer looks.

Oh, and our constructed-in-1979 deck FELL OFF. Dry rot. We'll be building
another with our "free, extra and just hanging around in our pockets" money.
Right. Joy.

Tammy in Colorado

Non plaudite. Modo pecuniam jacite.
(Don't applaud. Just throw money.)