homestead - Re: [Homestead] Mad Cow Disease in the news

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Mad Cow Disease in the news
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 10:23:23 -0700

I've got to get over feeling like a murderer for
killing and eating my own animals.

As I have aged I have become increasingly uncomfortable with killing of any kind. My food habits have paralleled that feeling. Meat in my diet currently is limited to chicken and fish, with the occasional holiday turkey or ham. My body seems to applaud.

Just because we strive to be self-reliant doesn't mean we can't use our community as it should be used, to complement and support individuals' abilities and desires. Find a local butcher to do the work or trade that work with a trusted neighbor or friend.