homestead - Re: [Homestead] Don't go to bed angry

  • From: "Melody O." <melody AT crecon.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Don't go to bed angry
  • Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2005 21:42:29 -0600

At 11:22 AM 6/1/05 -0700, you wrote:
>U.K. Couple Marks 80th Wedding Anniversary
>
>Wed Jun 1,10:13 AM ET
>
>LONDON - A British husband and wife revealed the secrets of the longest
>marriage of any living couple on Wednesday as they celebrated their 80th
>wedding anniversary — don't sleep on an argument, always share a kiss and
>hold hands before going to bed.
>
>Percy Arrowsmith, 105, and his 100-year-old wife Florence, were married on
>June 1, 1925

Wow! What a great example!

I don't know that I agree with the "don't-go-to-sleep-angry" theory;
sometimes the tireder I get the grouchier I get too!

I believe in courting after marriage; Steve and I often go out together,
even if it is just to the grocery store. It is important for us to get
away together, since at home the kids demand our attention.

I also think it is important to realize that a spouse needs to be treated
like a sweetheart, not another child.

Ah, I have lots of opinions! Hopefully Steve and I can celebrate many,
many wedding anniversaries 'til death do us part...and long after that.

Best wishes,
Melody