homestead - [Homestead] Re: Nuke Power Digest, Vol 10, Issue 41

  • From: ted <music AT thenightshades.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] Re: Nuke Power Digest, Vol 10, Issue 41
  • Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 13:00:58 -0700

The thing that makes me profoundly sad about the nuclear facilities is that
when the system goes down-

-and it takes a whole thriving system to keep these facilites intact, not
just the grid or oil but very delicate high level education, training,
supply lines, relative peace, etc.-

What's left of the world will be poisoned in the most extreme and permanent
way.

Otherwise, some limited number of people and the plants, animals and
bacteria they need to survive could, well, survive.

As it is we seem fine with the idea that when our incredibly overextended
and taken for granted system goes down, nobody will want to live here any
more.

That the end of our brief little lives- that have had such an insanely
*expensive* standard of living, even if not too many of us were really
thriving- will be the end of the world, that's gone on for so very very
long.

Can I hear you say AMEN! ;)

Or course life will go on, but what a lot of agony and slow dying...
Ted

  • [Homestead] Re: Nuke Power Digest, Vol 10, Issue 41, ted, 05/31/2005