homestead - [Homestead] Back in Asheville

  • From: Don Bowen <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org, homestead_Friends AT yahoogroups.com, homesweethomestead AT yahoogroups.com, lessIsMore AT yahoogroups.com, cheapcamping AT yahoogroups.com, dropOut AT yahoogroups.com, citycamping AT yahoogroups.com
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [Homestead] Back in Asheville
  • Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 23:20:34 -0400

I am back in Asheville tonight. A week ago I pulled for a weekend rally in Wilmington. There I meet several nice people, ate too much, and visited the town. All told there were 15 of us from all over the US and one from Canada. Monday we all scattered into the four winds (actually only three as the ocean was just east of us).A great weekend that was all too short.

I then pulled for north central North Carolina. I had been invited to visit a long time email friend near Burlington, NC. I spent several days there enjoying one of the best times on the trip. I was taken to see many things, followed several interesting roads, walked along a couple of lake shores, watched a camp fire. In short great fun with a very interesting person. Today I reluctantly left there for Asheville. I made a detour to the North Carolina Transportation Museum. I will be here a couple of days then heading west without the trailer. I will be back here sometime mid May then a camping trip is planned for the first week of June.
Things look better than they have for a long time.

Don Bowen Awl Knotted Up Woodworking
My present location is shown by the star in the link below
http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?latlongtype=decimal&latitude=34.586139&longitude=-82.597707

  • [Homestead] Back in Asheville, Don Bowen, 04/29/2005