homestead - [Homestead] The Farmer

  • From: "Jerry W. Shepperd" <shepperd AT austincc.edu>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] The Farmer
  • Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 16:09:23 -0500

For those of you who need a reason to smile today, this may help

Jerry S.

________
A farmer owned a small farm in Wyoming The Wage and Hour Department of Wyoming claimed he was not paying proper wages to his help. They sent an agent to interview him.

"I need a list of your employees and how much you pay them." demanded the agent.

"Well...there's my hired hand who's been with me for 3 years. I pay him $600 a week plus free room and board.

The cook has been here for 18 months. I pay her $500 a month plus free room and board.

Then there's the half-wit that works about 18 hours a day. I pay him $10 a week and buy him all the chewing tobacco he wants," replied the farmer.

"That's the guy I want to talk to...the half-wit." says the agent.

The farmer says: "That would be me."

  • [Homestead] The Farmer, Jerry W. Shepperd, 04/28/2005