homestead - RE: [Homestead] Native's gardens in Ozarks and Appalachia

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT dtnspeed.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [Homestead] Native's gardens in Ozarks and Appalachia
  • Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2005 16:44:34 -0500

<<"No weeds, no, sure don't see any. Don't that beat all. But I still
couldn't do it."
"Why not?"
"No room in between the plants to hoe the weeds.">>

Ah, yes, I've had that conversation more than once. My mother has come round
though to the way I plant peppers -- mine are thicker-walled and bigger than
those she raises, and she's no slouch as a gardener.

Marie