homestead - Re: [Homestead] An Aussie View of Bush

  • From: Bill Jones <billj AT harborside.com>
  • To: WarrenSmith AT PalmettoBuilders.net, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] An Aussie View of Bush
  • Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 16:51:02 -0800

They're surprising gov't lovers down there, in some ways. The Internet is loaded with government webpages from Oz; I noticed they have an iron-fisted control over who plants what. It's cute to see what happens when their (apparently abundant) gov't employees don't get their way. I remember the funeral music they were playing on Radio Australia after it was announced there would be funding cuts. I love the hilarity that results when the only "journalists" you can listen to have a vested interest in who gets elected, the result being that every "news" broadcast is like sitting through sociology class with "Lynda" at fake college.

Bill