homestead - RE: [Homestead] Bulting, remodelling costs skyrocketing

  • From: "Chris Clarke" <hstead AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [Homestead] Bulting, remodelling costs skyrocketing
  • Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2005 16:18:46 -0500

Homeowners hoping to add a room or remodel a kitchen often have
expectations that are "way out of whack" with what things cost, Zieba
added. "A homeowner may have a number -- $200,000 -- in his head. And
then we and our competitors bid it, and it's more like $350,000. They're

aghast."

Who ARE these people? Where in world are getting 200K to REMODEL
a ROOM? This is just beyond my expectations and experience, even
here in the relatively well-to-do RTP area of North Carolina.

Is this way the people on the "coasts" really live?

Chris