homestead - Re: [Homestead] Ten Worst Corporations, 2004

  • From: tvoivozhd <tvoivozd AT infionline.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Ten Worst Corporations, 2004
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 13:54:15 -0500

Gene GeRue wrote:

tvoivozhd---Hard to restrain corporate criminal conduct when officers don't go to prison and cases are settlled, evidence made inaccessible, instead of going to trial and receiving a jury verdict. Too many Rehnquists, and Clarence Thomases infest the judicial system.

I don't condone illegal business practices but it may well be that the reason the U.S.A. is so dominant is because our ruthless businesspeople will do whatever it takes to succeed and because our system encourages and rewards entrepreneuralism.

tvoivozhd---A lot of wildly expensive barriers to entry of startups that did not exist in the 1950's. They are not encouraged today. Entrepreneurs (a smaller percentage try) become successful in spite of State, County and Municipal government---not because business entry is facilitated.