homestead - [Homestead] Paula Speraneo, former list member

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: "homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org" <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] Paula Speraneo, former list member
  • Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2005 21:03:44 -0700

Some of you will remember Paula from a few years back. Here is a report from friends who have just seen her:

We just spent a couple of hours with the Permaculture Group folks at Paula Speraneo's aquaponic farm south of West Plains. I mentioned we had met her and Tom at your place a few years ago at a dinner party for which they provided the main course; she remembered it.

I guess you knew that Tom died last year, and Paula kind of backed off on doing the aquaponics for awhile. She's just recently started it back up again on her own. Don't know if you ever actually went over there when Tom was alive; it must have been quite something to see. Even now, with just two tanks of fish and fewer sets of beds, it's pretty interesting...and dream of emulating on a small scale. She gave everyone copies of several magazine articles that had been written about it...including three of Vern Modeland's (he seemed to repeat the same things each time, several years apart).
Her website, in case you're interested, is www.townsqr.com/snsaqua