homestead - Re: [Homestead] Syria invasion planned

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Syria invasion planned
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 14:00:31 -0800

I sent this to a friend from Israel (who gets all their newspapers and the
Palestinian newspapers) and asked if this is what she was hearing. Her
reply is as follows:

"Yes. Every now and then I read about it - in stuff coming from Israel.
(Where the right
wing would fall all over itself with enthusiasm, of course). It's not only
the Christian
fundamentalists who push it, but also the Jewish Zionist higher ups in the
American
administration. I don't think most of them are religious, they are thugs of
a different
sort...

Being fearful on this account is highly justified. However, since the US is
stuck way past its eyeballs in Iraq (and let's not forget Afghanistan, oh
best beloved!) -- it's
hard to imagine how they think they can accomplish another military
excursion."

Lynda