homestead - Re: [Homestead] Gas tank empty, get your next door neighbor to keep it full

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Gas tank empty, get your next door neighbor to keep it full
  • Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2005 09:39:25 -0700

I'm not optimistic enough to believe that the U.S. government can begin demanding tribute tomorrow. The idea has to incubate for a while.

This idea is an example of what a creative mind can do. Think of the plan as Peace Tax. Use that precise phrase and repeat its advantages enough times, no matter the challenges, and people will begin to believe it is right. Just think, the rest of the world's countries will no longer need to spend trillions maintaining their own military forces. We will protect them. Trust us, we are the United States of America.

Whoops, I just checked. Most of the world doesn't trust us. Darn.