homestead - Re: [Homestead] free land

  • From: RayZentz AT aol.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] free land
  • Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2005 12:01:02 EST

You know, having lived in ND for over half my life, and after having just
left, I might add this.

Before we decided to move back to Utah, we were looking at properties, and
they ARE available, and inexpensive. We came across a 250 acre parcel with
five bedroom house, several outbuildings, and all in good shape, for
$65,000.
Many other places for similar low prices.

Drawbacks? Only a few. 1) Near total isolation. 2) little to no
infrastructure ('course, the independent minded among us might not consider
that a
drawback). 3) many of the neighbors seem to be right wing lunatics (not a
drawback for me, but some of you might not feel 'welcome'). and 4) 9
monyths of
winter and three months of poor sledding ;-)

Seriously, although the length of the growing season does limit what can be
grown, there are opportunities available, if you can take the cold.

Ray

PS Good Ice fishing in many areas

  • Re: [Homestead] free land, RayZentz, 01/06/2005