homestead - Re: [Homestead] Spam filter

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Spam filter
  • Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2005 10:13:25 -0700

I don't remember what email client you are using, but I think this works on most.

Eudora.

I have my filters setup to put all the homestead email list traffic into a separate folder before it runs the filters looking for spam. This is a two step filter that first of all looks for any email with "To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org" in the headers, and moves it to the homestead folder. The second step (and this is where it may vary according to your email software) is to have it stop - and not run the rest of the filters on it.

Thanks, Steve. I have now set that first part up, a separate homestead mailbox. Not sure if the other filters will be involved. Send me something with gene in the subject line and I will see what happens.