homestead - Re: [Homestead] Spam filter

  • From: steve oliphant <steveo AT crecon.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Spam filter
  • Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2005 08:34:31 -0700

Gene GeRue wrote:

Be aware that I have set up filters to block all incoming that has any part of my name in the subject line.

So I will somehow have to live without all the gene technology postings.

I don't remember what email client you are using, but I think this works on most. I have my filters setup to put all the homestead email list traffic into a separate folder before it runs the filters looking for spam. This is a two step filter that first of all looks for any email with "To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org" in the headers, and moves it to the homestead folder. The second step (and this is where it may vary according to your email software) is to have it stop - and not run the rest of the filters on it.

I hope this helps! Of course, you may want to avoid any gene technology posts :)

-Steve

--
http://www.crecon.com steveo AT crecon.com
Creative Connectivity 801 754 0262

Feel free to email or call anytime, but I am usually at my desk Mon-Fri 8-4 Mountain Time.