homestead - [Homestead] Asian Quake

  • From: sanrico AT highdesert.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] Asian Quake
  • Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2004 20:34:24 -0800 (PST)

----------------
Publisher's Note

This is a special edition covering the natural disaster that has struck across
Asia and the the Indian Ocean from Indonesia to Africa. The scale of this
disaster is increasing every hour as more reports come in from thousands of
coastal towns bordering the Indian ocean.

SpaceDaily via our TerraDaily.com site offers 24/7 news wire coverage of Earth
News including specialized natural disaster tracking.

Portal URLs are:

- Natural Disaster
http://www.terradaily.com/index-disaster.html

- Earth News and More
http://www.terradaily.com/

A full edition of SpaceDaily was ready to go this morning but I have deferred
that until Dec 28. The SpaceDaily website is fully up to date with all the
latest
space news from Mars, Saturn and just above at the International Space Station
where Santa arrived 2 mins before midnight with much welcome supplies.

If only the G8 nations that rule our world and play big power politics in
orbit,
could bring the full might of western civilization's technology and science to
the aid of all on Earth we might just find out how much more peaceful
humanity is
when fed, housed and educated.

Just for starters it would be a significant gesture of honest free trading
intentions if the G8 nations ceased their internal farming subsidies that only
serve to distort the world's agriculture systems and which lead directly to
the
poverty of Africa, South America and some parts of Asia.

Let's spend a million dollars a day with our rovers on Mars, but let's spend
billion dollars a day building schools, clean water supplies, hospitals and
roads
here on Earth - the only place we know that truly does have life and a working
ecosystem.

take care,

Simon Mansfield
Publisher
SpaceDaily.com

Get free email at http://www.highdesert.com

  • [Homestead] Asian Quake, sanrico, 12/26/2004