homestead - [Homestead] Re: Q & A with Stephen Hawking

  • From: Bill Jones <billj AT harborside.com>
  • To: Homestead mailing list digest <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] Re: Q & A with Stephen Hawking
  • Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2004 07:50:36 -0800

Why do I sense that if not for the slams against GWB, this would never have been posted? That's why your posts have been going to the junk yard unread. I've come to realize that there's only one thing that motivates you enough to post. Thus, I predicted to myself that this post would likely be like all the others, and I wasn't disappointed.

Bill

Gene forwarded:

What do you think of President Bush's plan to get to Mars in 10 years? Stupid. Robots would do a better job and be much cheaper because you don't have to bring them back. Do you think people will ever live on a planet besides Earth? Yes, if we don't self-destruct first. What do you and your academic friends make of the debate over embryonic-stem-cell research in this country? In Britain, like most of the developed world, stem-cell research is regarded as a great opportunity. America will be left behind if it doesn't change policy.