homestead - Re: [Homestead] GeneGeRueism

  • From: "clanSkeen" <sgian AT planetc.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] GeneGeRueism
  • Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 21:10:37 -0500

"that they may be one"
-Jesus, as quoted in John's gospel

Curious thing, that. In the oldest extant manuscript there is a sort of smudge at this point in the text. Copyists and translators for centuries skipped over it - unable to make it out. But modern spectrographic analysis of the page reveals that following this versicle we find:

AKATASTASIAChAOU

Parsed and added to the above versicle it reads:

"...that they may be one [Hell of a mess]."

That should make the true believers happier. Otherwise we must ask ourselves "What were Jesus' big mistakes?" since it did NOT turn out as the unaugmented text says was Jesus' intent.

Fra. James