homestead - Re: [Homestead] Gene

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <WarrenSmith AT PalmettoBuilders.net>, <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Gene
  • Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 21:14:13 -0800

Most of the stuff I have is from when I was Nursing Services Coordinator at
a rehab center. I know there was research that appeared to show the link
between the "lack" of laetrile in the diet. However, I think the research
really showed was not that laetrile could cure cancer but rather that it
protects the body from cancer to begin with.

I'll log on some of the journals and see if I can find any more recent
research. I know the U.S. wasn't big on it because it is a natural
substance which meant no big $$ for the pharmaceutical companies and
synthetic substitutes didn't work as well. Kinda like that plant from
Africa that is a no side-effects weight loss miracle that some Brit is
trying to patent. And unlike Lipitor which does work the same as the plant
stantons or whatsits.

Lynda