homestead - Re: [Homestead] trust :

  • From: "Toni Hawryluk" <tonihawr AT msn.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] trust :
  • Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2004 20:40:07 -0800

> Sandy - Unclean, Uncivilized, and - happily - Untithed

But the "proof of the pudding is in the eating..." -
have you or will you raise your children the same
way ? 'cause it's a changing world out there ...
There are times when I'm almost sorry my kid is
neither religious nor "street-smart", but then he
he *had* the intro to religion and turned it down
but wasn't 'on the street' the way a lot of today's
juvenile, er, kids are ...
On Sat, 4 Dec 2004 20:40:07 -0800, "Toni Hawryluk" wrote:

> > Sandy - Unclean, Uncivilized, and - happily - Untithed
>
> But the "proof of the pudding is in the eating..." -
> have you or will you raise your children the same
> way ? 'cause it's a changing world out there ...
> There are times when I'm almost sorry my kid is
> neither religious nor "street-smart", but then he
> he *had* the intro to religion and turned it down
> but wasn't 'on the street' the way a lot of today's
> juvenile, er, kids are ...

Well...
the 'kids' are, now, ages 35, 39, 41 and...deceased (would have been 42 -
lupus).
They all had regular 'exposure' to religion, even though we were not a
'religious' family per se. They got too street-smart...too fast...but they
were
aware of all the options going in. And my survival instincts tell me that a
certain edge, a keen awareness of one's surroundings (including cultural) are
necessary, so it wasn't in me to head that particular aspect of their
development
off at the pass too much. They were never on-the-street, though - they simply
chose (several of them) to way-cool themselves into various kinds of trouble,
for
which they've made amends (I hope). We're all very close, believe it or not,
even
though I didn't spring forward to do the maternal tiger-mommy-thing when they
messed up. My oldest grandchild (that I'm aware of!) is eleven, and the
youngest
is two (seven total). I hope I live long enough to extend my sympathies when
my
own kids' little angels are turning the corner into obnoxioushood.
Not-so-funny
thing is - I know that I made own my parents miserable from age twelve to
probably thirty (yes), and with very clear memory, I can get inside all the
kids'
heads. A frightening place to be sometimes, and they hate it that I can do
that.
Sandy
Note - prior should have read:
Sandy - Happily Unclean, Uncivilized, and Untithed
(and meant purely in jest)