homestead - Re: [Homestead] Fine book by Richard Dawkins, University of Oxford biologist

  • From: sanrico AT highdesert.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Fine book by Richard Dawkins, University of Oxford biologist
  • Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 17:21:18 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 08:47:48 -0700, Gene GeRue wrote:

> >In a study published today in the journal /Science/, a team of researchers
> >says the universe is between 11.2 billion and 20 billion years old.
>
> I presume this means the universe as we now perceive it. Nothing comes from
> nothing, so some form of universe always existed.

I can only concur. I saved this - despite all the comments, etc. that have
gone
between - 'cause it reminded me of something. Finally figured out it was from
my
childhood (yes, they did have children way back then). Catechism. Some part of
something we had to recite went "...always was and always will be..." Hmmm. I
wonder how many angels can fit on the head of a ten-year old?

Sandy