homestead - Re: [Homestead] no longer - Christian "peacefulness" ...

  • From: sanrico AT highdesert.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] no longer - Christian "peacefulness" ...
  • Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2004 18:01:44 -0800 (PST)

From: "Paul Hillman" <chris_hillman AT msn.com> Save Address
Print View
Show Headers
Report Junk Mail

Date: 28 Nov 17:18 (PST)
To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>

>Since you are not made in the image of God,...then you are just a
>protoplasmic
>exudence of thought and feelings, like some organic bile, as Communism
>believes
>that humans are;....just products of the primordal swamp.

>Sorry that you think of your yourself so lowly.

>Paul Hillman

Paul, it strikes me that this aspect of the discussion is perhaps growing too
big
for this little box!
I, for one, don't mind being an overgrown bit of protoplasm. And if my
ancestry
includes hailing from the primordial ooze, then I say, "Up with Evolution!"
Look where it's brought us!
Sadly, we are now able to turn water into wine all by ourselves (figuratively
speaking), and, with the able assistance of the more scientific-minded among
us,
we may soon be able to do the loaves-and-fishes thing for real. These feats,
and
others like them, are not the accomplishments of a society of mindless fools.
As
deeply as I mourn the discovery and implementation of GE and GM, and other
areas
of modern science that go off on potentially harmful (yeah, deadly) tangents,
can only admire the brilliance of the research, and live in the hope that all
that talent will someday soon be turned to the good. THAT's something to pray
for, if you have a God.
The fact that I can respect the ooze (and your right to speak your beliefs),
and
refuse to acknowledge the religion, doesn't make me a Communist. I see no
reason
to respect or admire, dare-I-say worship, an unproven entity that is
responsible
for the Crusades, the Inquisition, or Adolph Hitler (that's a list that could
go
on and on!).
Oh! There's so much more to say!
But this is not the place for it.

Sandy

Get free email at http://www.highdesert.com

  • Re: [Homestead] no longer - Christian "peacefulness" ..., sanrico, 11/28/2004