homestead - [Homestead] My tax dollars at work

  • From: Rob <becidawa AT hctc.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] My tax dollars at work
  • Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2004 14:43:28 -0800

Just read this and had to ask "why?".
Am I safer by having this TV personality & Nun in prison? Or is this just another way for someone to harvest more of the dollars I pay to the fed every year?
I suspect it's the dollars and bureaucrat ego.

Rob
ps/ the Nun is doing time for obstructing the national defense.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20041128/D86L38P01.html

Inmate: Martha Popular at Prison Mess Hall

Nov 28, 3:26 PM (ET)
DENVER (AP) - The food at the Federal Corrections Camp in Alderson, W.Va., apparently is nothing to write home about - unless one is eating it with Martha Stewart.
Roman Catholic nun Carol Gilbert, 57, who is serving time in the same prison as the famous homemaker, says she enjoys eating with Stewart, although the setting could be better.