homestead - Re: [Homestead] Longbow and Crossbow

  • From: "clanSkeen" <sgian AT planetc.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Longbow and Crossbow
  • Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 18:51:11 -0500

Things you wished you knew before---why James is so devoted to primitive tools. I sneaked up on his place when he and Denise went off to entwine themselves in a quilting bee---

"If I had a new made quilt, I'd fill it up with feathers
I'd take my Nisi by the hand, and we'd lay there together
Ah, the days when I was young, thoughts that keep returning
They drive the winter's chill away just like a log fire burning."

marvelous opportunity that left him bereft of all firewood cutting tools except a jacknife and coping saw---his stout insistence that they are good enough for cutting firewood is just sour grapes..

Ah. That's what happened. Haven't really missed them, just a tools of the Devil to weaken our spirites .... use it or lose it, don't you know. I went up the mountain for firewood today and just snapped the logs over my knee.

I've been keeping an eye on them., next to go is that old colonial fowling piece. However, being the compassionate neocon that I am, I will leave him a copy of this e-mail, so he can cobble up a bow and some arrows to take the place of his colonial shotgun.

Ah, Tvo, Tvo, how sad to see that your sleuthing skills are somewhat diminished of late. Had you looked only a little further, you'd have found the REAL stash of hunting weapons. It was right there beside the stash of the 'stuff'.

http://www.geocities.com/one7thfarmer/irons.jpg

There's a downside of course, we'll have to listen to some of his raptures about his bow and arrow being better than an Uzi for deer hunting.

We're having venison tonight. What are you and the Uzi having?

James